Children’s Bureau at Magnolia Place
1910 Magnolia Ave
Los Angeles, CA 90007
Magnolia Place Location: (Hoover/Washington)

You may be declined services if you don’t bring all the required documents or your return is out-of-scope.

You must bring:

• Required: All taxpayers must be present with photo identification
• Required: Original Social Security Cards or ITINs for tax filers and dependents
• W-2 from your job/employer
• Total Cash income (VITA: expenses are limited to $10,000)
• 1099 Misc from a Job or Contract Work (VITA: expenses are limited to $10,000)
• 1099 R from Retirement Income
• 1099 SSA from Social Security Administration
• 1099 INT for Interest income (savings or bank account)
• 1099 DIV from Dividends
• 1099 G from Unemployment
• W-2 G from Gambling
• Form 1095A for health insurance purchased through Covered CA
• Identity Protection Personal Identification Number (IP PIN) issued by the IRS
• Complete home and/or cell phone bill.
• Last year’s tax return (tax year 2018)
• Bank account number for fast and secure direct deposit of your refund.

Forms for credits and deductions:
• Proof of expenses for your cash income (proof of mileage and expenses)
• Form 1098T Tuition form for you or anyone on the return attending college
• Complete tuition, financial aid statements, and/or textbook receipts for you or anyone on the return attending college
• Form 1098E Interest paid on Student Loans
• Name, Address, Social # and Phone Number of your Child Care provider
• Form 1098 Mortgage and Property Tax
• Donations over $500 require a letter
• Medical expenses

  • Note: ITIN Renewals require valid photo identification and birth certificate OR a valid passport.

Returns that are considered Out-of-Scope:

  • Incomes more than $55,000
  • Self-employed or cash income with business related expenses over $10,000, have a loss, taking expenses with no proof (receipts, documented mileage, etc. are required), employees, inventory, or business property.
  • Cancelled debt income (Forms 1099C and 1099A) for foreclosures or short sales.
  • Handwritten tax documents (W-2, 1099, 1098, etc.)
  • Returns for visitors, such as “F,” “J,” “M,” or “Q” visas, that require a 1040NR tax return.
  • Rental Income, Foreign Income, Royalty Income, or income from a partnership/corporation (K-1 form)
  • Married Filing Separately returns (If you are legally married & file alone - you may be a Married Filing Separate taxpayer - this is out of scope and we will not be able to assist you).

Select the date and time of your appointment:

loading graphic